Go to main navigation
1600 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite 721, Honolulu, HI 96814

Adjustment of Status (Green Card) For Spouses of U.S. Citizens

The Adjustment of Status process is for spouses of United States citizens who are in the United States, and permits an application for permanent residence (“green card”) to be processed without the foreign spouse needing to return to their home country. The Adjustment of Status process is not an option that is open to everyone, so you must know the rules.

The requirements? Essentially, the foreign spouse must be in the U.S. legally; you must be legally married (or get married before starting the process); the couple must correctly complete and file the right application documents (including Form I-130 and Form I-485) and pay the required fees; the foreign spouse must be eligible to receive an immigrant visa and be admissible for permanent residence; and there must be a visa available under the quota system. The U.S. citizen sponsor must meet USCIS financial support guidelines. Let us help you be sure you qualify!

Contact Migration Counsel using the contact form and we will get back to you within one business day, or call us at 808-695-3560 to arrange a FREE no-obligation consultation on any immigration question you might have.

The information presented here is intended to be general in nature, and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

Why Migration Counsel?

We are licensed immigration attorneys based in Hawaii with over 15 years experience helping hundreds of couples and families obtain permanent residence, green cards, marriage visas and U.S. citizenship.

If you need help with bringing your loved ones to the United States, we have the Knowledge, Experience and Insight you can rely on and trust! Contact us today.